What to do around Roc’N River ?
Just few idee for exploring the area (maximum 30 minutes by car from the base):
- The Demoiselles cave : beautiful cave located at Saint-Bauzille-de-Putois
- The gorge of the river Vis: deep and wild gorge up to the Navacelle circus.
- The pic Saint-Loup: the highest summit located North of Montpellier. It reach 658 meter above the sea level and offert a greet 360° view !
- The Ravin des Arcs: Nice walk in a deep gorge located between Saint-Martin de Londre and Saint-Beauzille de Putois.
- The village of Saint-Jean-de-Buège and its wild valley
- The village of Saint-Guilhem le Désert
- The potter village of Saint-Jean-de-Fos !
Much more information can be found on the web site of the local tourism office.
Eat and drink !
Few hundred meters from the base, the restaurant le Saint Bonheur offers very good dishes.
You can find several stores at Saint-Bauzille-de-Putois: tow backerries, one butcher, one grocery and a one bar.
The dairy of Montoulieu makes excellent local goat cheese : the Pélardons des Demoiselles.
Trekking in the area
The association par4chemins offers several trekking in the region Occitanie. Trekking duration varies from 2 to 6 days. Excurtions are suitable for all people whatever your level (beginner and sporty).